Catch up with progress on my 1941 Ford Pickup. Video series.

1. martsrods Member

Hi all. I've been beavering away on my 1941 pickup. I've been taking video footage and have just started editing some of it up and getting it posted to youtube. It's like a build thread but in a different format. I wated to put some tech content out there in videoland.

Part5: Improving the seat, (rattle elimination) and realising other work will be necessary:

Part 6a: Removing the rear window to prepare for a new seal:

Part 6b: Refitting the rear window with a new seal. This was my first time doing this in about 35 years. I did this before the front glass work I did, even though that video went out quite a while ago.

Part 6c: After finding the rear window leaking, I get cocky and pop it out to apply sealant. Things didn't work out well. CAUTION. Contains some adult language. (I did edit most out).

I have more to come, It just takes a long time to edit them up into a watchable format.

Please feel free to add a comment, like or click subscribe.

Thanks a lot.

Mart.

ronan likes this.
  2. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Start with a corner and get someone (anyone) to just hold it from the other side pushing on it gently. I used to use an old dinner knife formed into a hook to pull the rubber over the lip before starting to pull the string (I used plastic coated wire clothes line)

3. truckdoctor

truckdoctor Member

dorset
    Hey Mart, if you still have problems with water ingress due to the rubber gap being too wide for the glass then use "land rover Defender screen rubbers " cut down to size. Works a treat P1070627.JPG

ronan and slim_boy_fat like this.
  4. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

Have you got the expansion strip in that seal ? it doesn't look like it's fitted. It clamps the seal to the screen and the bodywork and stops water getting in.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  5. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

Well spotted! :clapping:

6. Ali

Ali Member

I’ve got a tin of unused ‘Dumdum’ putty you can have if it comes to that. More sensible suggestions above though...

Thanks for the videos, what are you using for editing?

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  7. truckdoctor

truckdoctor Member

dorset
    It does look that way , but it's the profile . Nothing missing.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  8. colnerov

colnerov Member

BIB That's rare stuff nowadays.;)

9. martsrods Member

Thanks for the tip, Truckdoc. It's all ok now after another go and some sealer.
    Ali, I'm using Shotcut. I don't know if it is good or not, it's the only one I've used. I was having a lot of problems but I think that may have been the computer. It's a bit marginal for this type of work, apparently. Plus the heat sink had come adrift from the processer. It's working better now.

I'm just about to put up another post to the next little video series, this time replacing the broken door glass.

Thanks for all the responses.

Mart.

Ali likes this.
  10. truckdoctor

truckdoctor Member

dorset
    That's a job I need to do. i'll have a look, thanks. Rat Rod Bob's just done his, take look

Advertisements