Captain Morgans workshop projects

1. Captain morgan New Member

Here's a double bale handler we made up a few months ago one in back ground for some inspiration IMG_20190606_201404.jpg

Snapchat-43251716.jpg

The finished product

FB_IMG_1569279052082.jpg

2. Captain morgan New Member

This one was difficult enough as had nothing to really go off just trial and error it was hard to figure out the ram mounting points when we didn't have rams so made thrm big enough with 3 holes to allow for mistakes to be made. The hinge point was also trial and error but it turned out well FB_IMG_1569279563831.jpg FB_IMG_1569279586238.jpg FB_IMG_1569279637596.jpg

3. Parm

Parm I have fun doing stuff

Mmmmmmmmm

Definitely lifting equipment

4. winchman

winchman Member

stuvy, julianthegypsy and Parm like this.
  5. Captain morgan New Member

For my own use this stuff

6. Parm

Up to you what you do, but its still lifting equipment.

In another post you did say you've been asked to make some stuff for tohers

stuvy and julianthegypsy like this.
  7. stuvy

stuvy Member

Good point mate

You need to cover yourself orva big fine and someone’s life at worst could be at risk

Ask Parm how he knows

ronan and Parm like this.
  8. gaz1

gaz1 Forum Supporter

what are the regs and regulations over there is what you should be looking at if your building for others maybe fine for yourself but for others could be a different matter

there safety regs maybe different to ours or lifting regs maybe different its best of checking these before you do really anything

we are using what is based here in the uk regs other areas are different isnt it best to quote those areas but also quote our own as well ?

9. Parm

There may be locally different names etc to the regs but the requirements all come from implementation of EU directives

Lifting kit is lifting kit and rules and regs for manufacture, sale testing etc are all much of a muchness

winchman likes this.
  10. anto44

anto44 Member

Irish regs for stuff like this are basically the same as UK ones. A friend of mine worked for a company in Ireland that builds buckets,grabs etc for a major UK yellow machinery manufacturer as well as to sell under their own name and ones built for the Irish market had to meet the same standards as the ones built for the UK and European markets.

Parm and ronan like this.
  11. Captain morgan New Member

Think is just a matter of getting them plated for sale.
    I do see some manufacturers ones aren't plated

12. winchman

winchman Member

The problem is a big one
    Are you considered a business with employees?
    Even if you are a sole trader you have some liability to the public as was the case with the ELO man.
    We are not knocking you or your work its just a few of us have a lot of safety experience and just want to give you the heads up.
    It would be simple to have it inspected and certified, your business insurance may also require this

Captain morgan likes this.
  13. winchman

winchman Member

That would be breaking a few things PUWER etc must have an id number. SWL etc and no doubt a few others bits I have forgotten

Captain morgan likes this.
Advertisements