Burisch 3HP 90 Litre Upgdrades

1. Hi,

I bought a 3 month old Burisch 90Lt 3HP Compressor (it’s basically a rebadged Wolf Dakota which when researching was the one I had settled on).

Prior to buying it on here a few people recommended some essential upgrades which, although I have searched, I cannot find the details of what the upgrades are.

I think I was advised to replace the main Air Outlet as the stock one is restrictive (what do I swap it for?)

It came with the short stubby Euro Connectors (Two on the regulator and the airline fittings are also Euro) not BSP PCL ones and all my tools are PCL.

I also don’t like the bottom water release valve as it is a plastic screw valve.

The guy I bought it off also gave me a red coil airline leading to a park side water trap. I need to replace the red could airline as that too seems too narrow. Not sure about the water trap?

Can anyone help me out with what I need to get the most out of this compressor.

I’ll post some pics up later as I’m on my SmartPhone and Imagur does not work on a mobile browser?

2. brightspark

brightspark Member

buy a half inch bsp water filter regulator and take it out of the end of the tank if it has a screw bung in . I use 10mm bore hoses and euro conectors then another water separator on the blast pot

3. I will do this at some point (run a regulator straight out of the side of the tank,) but will the safety cut switch still kick in to stop the tank over filling?

Anyway, in the mean time, I popped into MachineMart at the weekend, with a VAT free voucher, and picked up a couple of bits.

As recommended in several other threads about upgrading this type of compressor, I purchased replacement regulator:

[​IMG]

No I am sure that I also read somewhere that another suggested upgrade was to replace the cut off switch as the original is also restrictive, or have I miss read that. Anyway as I had to spend over £50 to get everything VAT free, I purchased the Clarke 20 Amp 4 port pressure switch, but will not fit it if you guys say that there is no point?

[​IMG]

I also bought a 1/2" BSP PCL female to fit into the pressure regulator:

[​IMG]

The stock regulator fitted to the Burisch has two outlets, I think this it would be possible to set up the Clarke in the same manner but the second outlet will be 1/4" not 1/2". I guess I could run power tools and the blast cabinet using the 1/2" and use the 1/4" for spraying?

4. brightspark

brightspark Member

no point in buying the pressure switch. the existing one will work fine and the original regulator can still be used as well as the new one of the end of the tank

5. Too late, too late was the cry......
    Not sure if I’ll be able to return the safety pressure switch. I thought the stock regulator was restrictive which is why I changed it?

6. steviec_lj

steviec_lj Rust Welding Professional

Don’t return it, if it’s in the way I’ll buy it. Something I’ve been meaning to replace on mine after it was damaged, but still useable, when we moved. :whistle:

7. Jetex

Jetex Member

Does that Clark air pressure switch have adjustments for both on and off pressures?

8. no idea Member

I used to have a Burisch compressor and the cut off was set to 8 bar rather than 10 bar. This can be adjusted but I left mine at 8 since I had enough air volume available and most things needed 4-6 bar so going to 10 was of no real benefit.

Advertisements