Big Trouble need help

1. mspence0000 Member

decatur , al
    Hi, I need a little help on just some of the very basics of hooking up a mig weling machine. You see I just got back from a temp service and all they had open was "mig welders" , so I told a little fib. I've seen it done and have been around it, I've even done a little pipe welding on the tig rig. I just can't rember how to hook up the cables and what not, because I know the - and + are opposite (I think). But anyways If yall could just help me out and just run through the basics for me that would be awesome. My interview is soon. thanks. I just got the call I have to be there in 10 minets please some help!!!

2. mspence0000 Member

decatur , al
    Update: I went in there and told him that I was runsy and it had been like 2 years before I have made a mig weld. I was nervous as hell, and for some reasone I was treating it like a pipe weld with a tig rig, I thoug that I would get a spark by touching the wire, so needless to say I messed of some metal. Bet I asked for 1 more try, and I'd get the hand of it eventually. So I watched him make a couple, then tried again, it was A LOT better. I told him If he gave me a chance I would improve, well I got the job, I don't know how but I did. :)

3. malcolm

malcolm Hej!

Well done for getting the job. A lot of rig based welding work is procedure based, and I'm sure they'll run through the procedure with you when you start work.

Just ask them questions if you are unsure about anything as they'll prefer to spend a few minutes explaining things rather than risk messing up a job.

Advertisements