Best deal on a PARWELD XTT 202P

1. Enders13 New Member

Hi, first time posting but I've been reading though the posts on here for probably a month.

I'm totally new to any welding, I have a motorbike I'll be working on and hopefully doing more as a hobby in the future. Having taken everything on board I've decided the Parweld will be my best option based on function, price, reliability, support. I know people will have opinion on this and I've tried my best to take on everyones comments. Realistically the stealth is the second option if I'm buying new.

Given black friday approaches I'm just looking to maximise on any discount I can get my hands on. So far it looks like Migtigark are best price but I'll also need to get mask, rods, gloves and maybe more tips.

I keep looking for second hand but it's not easy finding something I trust and most are collection only anyway.

I'll take the advice given willingly.

Thanks.

2. Nick DV

Nick DV "You must unlearn what you have learned."

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."
    Hi & welcome :waving: Personally, I'd give Welding Supplies Direct a shout via @Tom Orrow L on this forum. I got my new mig via Tom and he was extremely helpful and sorted everything for me. :thumbup:

brightspark and Tom Orrow L like this.
  3. Enders13 New Member

Hi thanks, I have looked on his site but it's listed as out of stock.

4. Nick DV

Nick DV "You must unlearn what you have learned."

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."
    Sorry, didn't realise :dontknow: I'd still give him a shout though.

5. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

The XTT 202 has now been discontinued, its been replaced by the XTT 212 which we've got plenty of stock :)

Enders13 likes this.
  6. Enders13 New Member

Thanks Tom!

Tom Orrow L likes this.
  7. Enders13 New Member

@Tom Orrow L I've just pushed the button on an XTT212P with the basic combi pack. Do you think a flow meter is needed for a beginner? I will only be welding basic stuff for the forseable but one day may need to do some purge welding, I only loosly understand this at the moment. Lots to learn.

Just out of interest, why am I seeing the 212 listed as P1 and P2 revisions yet it says nothing on their site?

Thanks.

Tom Orrow L, Nick DV and Ruffian like this.
  8. Tom Orrow L

Perfect. Thanks for your order! If I'm honest I'm not quite sure. The P1 package is the standard package with torch, regulator etc.. I've looked in the catalogue and cannot find a P2 package anywhere. Beats me!

To answer your question RE a flow meter.. the regulator that is included has a basic flow meter on it so an additional one isn't necessry but if you would like an out and out flow meter they're certainly useful.

Nick DV and brightspark like this.
  9. Parweldltd New Member

Hi, The XTT202P has not been discontinued, we are currently out of stock but these machine are due in early December. :)

Exuptoy likes this.
  10. Munkul

Munkul Jack of some trades, Master of none

I'd reccomend an additional flowmeter... tweaking the flowmeter and regulator properly will give you the right flow of gas without a huge surge each time you arc up.

https://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/arg...jQ2GEwxZX0qtuhJNc73zpmlpcbT9u0pxoCveMQAvD_BwE

Something like this.

Especially as you practice, you'll use a lot of gas, and you'll quickly empty a small bottle without it set properly.

Dunno what you're doing about gas bottles, but be wary about the small 10 litre bottles and fill pressure... they're usually only filled to 130bar. 20 litre upwards are usually filled to 230bar. As you can imagine, that's a huge difference in volume.
    A 10 litre 130bar bottle will disappear in a good morning's welding... just to make you aware :)

Enders13 likes this.
  11. Burdekin

Burdekin Chief Bodger

I got mine from Weldequip on here and was the cheapest I found when I bought mine.

12. Tom Orrow L

You wanna make sure your reps know that then, I've been told otherwise.

Nomad, Exuptoy, Ashley Burton and 4 others like this.
  13. Enders13 New Member

@Munkul The gas advice is gratefully received, I will be looking for a local supplier and also try to find a fab shop I can get some scrap from so I can start practicing.

14. northwest

northwest Member

I came to the same conclusion some years back and I have not been disappointed.

Oh come on Tom, how long have you been in this business? (though not just restricted to welders) most sales reps I know will say anything to get a sale. I have been told all sorts of Fairy Tales over the years. Having said that, Parweld technical support were excellent when I buggered the settings up (long story, don't ask :ashamed: ) .

15. Tom Orrow L

I’d like to think we wouldn’t be lied to for a sale. We do ALOT of business with Parweld so it’d be a bit short sighted on their side.

I’ll clarify things with them and report back.

Nick DV and Exuptoy like this.
  16. northwest

northwest Member

I don't imagine for one second you were. Sales people (and there are some exceptions) don't even know they are doing it, they take a germ of a suggestion and within minutes it has sprouted legs and become a full blown story. The mere suggestion that a product might become discontinued quite likely has become fact before the chap had finished hearing it. I am sure you know what I mean. :laughing:

Irrespective, they are very good machines with very good (and in my case patient) tech support.

Just to clarify and share my embarrassment, I had somehow turned the start delay up to Maximum, about ten seconds I think and when I next went to use the machine pressed the button and: Nothing. This went on for some time and some twiddling of knobs and in desperation called Parweld Tech support. I was gently guided through the settings and the penny dropped, I was pressing the button but not waiting the full duration so it would never start :ashamed:

Come ON, we have all done daft stuff!

17. Exuptoy

Exuptoy Member

Great to see @Parweldltd using this great forum even if it is just to add a correction. In fairness when I got my Parweld Tig from @Tom Orrow L he did me a great deal and is always on hand when you need advice or other consumables.

18. gt6s Member

I agree great to see Parweld posting on here. Good for the forum.

Advertisements