Beer? Beer you say? Home bar project

1. AndySV1K Member

Been planning to do something with a space in the kitchen for a while. Came up with the idea of building a bar and having a draft beer machine on there. Well when the GF bought me the draft machine for christmas it sort of spurred me on to get in to gear!

Was initially going to make it from large hard wood posts but what was I thinking?! I have a tig welder! So I got some large C channel and made a frame. Had two pieces of glass made, one slightly smaller to sit on the lower part of the C. I've been collecting bottle caps for a while so they sit on the lower glass and will gradually fill it as and when I collect them.

Installed LED strip around the inside of the channel and lastly the second glass panel on the top.

Quite pleased with the results. And the beer is just lovely!

Andy. IMG_2569.jpg IMG_2570.jpg IMG_2571.jpg IMG_2572.jpg IMG_2574.jpg IMG_2575.jpg IMG_2576.jpg IMG_2577.jpg

Rig Pig, winchman, bigegg and 11 others like this.
  2. Coo

Coo Member

Fife
    Nice and effective !

Great work !

AndySV1K likes this.
  3. mangocrazy

mangocrazy Italian V-twin nutjob

Love the quality of work and the bottle tops idea, but I thought beer was best served cold? The radiator isn't going to help with that...

AndySV1K likes this.
  4. JLP

JLP Member

looks great - nice work

I cant help but being triggered by the radiator under there - well you wouldnt want a warm beer would ya?

AndySV1K likes this.
  5. AndySV1K Member

I plan on getting a radiator diverter thing that helps to vent the heat forwards more. However it's not really an issue for a couple of reasons. The top surface doesn't seem to heat up at all, probably because it's effectively double glazing. The bottom glass warms a little and so does the front of the frame. But most importantly, the draft beer machine cools the beer to a perfect 3deg and is insulated, so nice cold beer every time :D:drunk:

slim_boy_fat and JLP like this.
  6. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

Looks good

Love Leffe Brun....if thats what it is

Which beer dispenser have you got? Ive had a few but never really got on with any.......I can buy my favourite local brew (Bradfield Farmers Blonde) that they sell in basically a big tin but its gassed and pours well so theres no need for machines....I had a TORP which worked well but the choice was limited...sold it a while ago now......You can get Pelforth Blonde for the TORP but its hellish expensive...only one outlet in UK as far as I know.....its a nice drink (pale ale really).

Ive seen lots do the bottle top idea....they usually use plywood and then set them in epoxy.

Theres a Pub Sheds page on Facebook

AndySV1K likes this.
  7. AndySV1K Member

The Leffe is Blonde, I prefer that over the Brune.

Machine is a Philips perfect draft. It uses 6L kegs. It cools the kegs and keeps them pressurised by pumping air in which surrounds the bladder of beer. It's certainly not the cheapest way to drink beer but it's a luxury i'm happy to have. Kegs are £25-£30 but if you take into account return deposit on the kegs and deals etc then I can usually get them for £18-£20 per 6L keg, so it's not too hideous.

The beer definitely tastes better from this machine than from equivalent beer in bottles from what i've experienced.

JLP likes this.
  8. JLP

JLP Member

[​IMG]

AndySV1K likes this.
  9. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

@AndySV1K Nice!! What's your target date for filling the entire top space.......? :whistle: :drunk:

AndySV1K likes this.
  10. AndySV1K Member

Not so slowly that I get bored of the bar, but not so quickly that family members start handing me leaflets to deal with my problem. :D

Advertisements