Audi ur quattro

1. zeppelin builder

zeppelin builder Member

finaly got round to filling and block sanding the new roof and a couple of other areas with dings and reclaimed the ns front wing, typical i had a newish rh one but i had to make new sections around the arch out of 18swg
    the body is in amazing nick for its age sills ,bootfloor ,floorpans good as new
    no rot on bootlid edge
    its hard work that long sander i think if i do more il get an air one ,
    volvo engine almost done
    su blow thru conversion made
    next move an isolating coat more sanding then 2pack black primer
    and more sanding
    modded the volvo water pipe to rh front inlet
    im not in a hurry
    and like the special edition mini with
    the union jack on the roof
    i plan similar, flag be different though
    20191025_102740.jpg 20191025_102819.jpg 20191025_102754.jpg 20191025_103333.jpg 15719978033098717036612558967281.jpg 15719978467722681529261769897378.jpg

2. TechnicAl

TechnicAl Member

The car does nothing for me.............but youve got a lovely view.....are they your sheep?

Bladevane and stuvy like this.
  3. zeppelin builder

zeppelin builder Member

na they are someone elses harem

slim_boy_fat, stuvy and TechnicAl like this.
  4. zx9

zx9 Member

Nice, which engine did it originally have?

Edit: The production Quattro was well rust proofed from the factory, I got corrected in the dealers after calling it galvanised 'Aluminised' was the preferred Audi term apparently, unlike the hand built UR Quattro which I gather were less well protected.

Wallace likes this.
  5. zeppelin builder

zeppelin builder Member

according to the label a 2.2 kv
    at present its a later 2.3 from audi 100

i have lots of work to do i will have to change the rear diff as im using the later g box with viscous coupling and drive shafts could differ ,possibly mod prop shaft length

im tryin do do away with all the electronic guff , il use audi hall trigger ign ,and blow thru a modified Su 2 inch carb with rising rate fuel regulator
    fix it at the roadside stuff
    should run good around town with single carb off boost
    20191025_103313.jpg 20191025_103313.jpg

zx9 likes this.
  6. stuvy

stuvy Member

Although I loved my first one it wasn’t a patch on my MB

• 93D39650-BB49-4F5D-9301-A0CF696AB42B.jpeg
    • 5BBFB5C7-5EE9-4492-AEF9-1F901840E99D.jpeg
  7. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I went to view an UR [Tornado red] just up the road from theirs, when visiting friends . Started to get quite interested until my pal said "Walk away". Me "Why, I really like it" Him "You'll just kill yourself in that".

The rest is history, and we're still best mates. :laughing:

Wallace likes this.
  8. zx9

zx9 Member

Tornado Red was the best colour, closely followed by black, they look awful in white unless they are the works rally cars. Come to think about it I don't like any white cars, memories of rust stains running down the side of relatively new cars in the 70's I suspect.

stuvy, eLuSiVeMiTe and slim_boy_fat like this.
  9. stuvy

stuvy Member

That blue metallic was the worst @zx9

10. northwest Member

I had an RS4.

11 points in 3 months.

I sold it.

Ruffian, zx9, dobbslc and 2 others like this.
  11. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I don't think you can blame the car for that. :D.

I've been in and driven Audi's before, but I understand the RS range is a different order of fast, like BMW's real M ones.

stuvy likes this.
  12. stuvy

stuvy Member

Had an rs6 4.2 v8 bi turbo was tuned by mtm and was a missile

After I sold it three months later the guy called to say the gearbox locked up whilst he was on a roundabout and was stranded there

slim_boy_fat and Ruffian like this.
  13. dobbslc

dobbslc Forum Supporter

A mate has a BMW M120 something or other. That thing is FAST! For a family type car that sort of seat 5 it's mental! 360 odd BHP.
    I nearly took him out one day on the M1 when he came flying up the inside of me (well it is a BMW!) just as I was pulling back into lane 1. I had looked but he wasn't there at the exact time, its that fast.
    I swerved he braked and just missed, his missus was in the car and 'had a word':clapping:

zx9 and stuvy like this.
  14. zx9

zx9 Member

The very dark blue that looked black most of the time until it was in bright sunlight or under flash photography when you could see it was actually a dark metallic blue?
    I rather liked that colour, reminded me of the Blue/Black Quink ink we used in fountain pens at school.

Hopefuldave likes this.
  15. stuvy

stuvy Member

I’m sure there’s a light and dark blue as the dark one is nice this blue is really pale in the flesh

upload_2019-10-26_10-16-14.jpeg

16. zx9

zx9 Member

Yes I agree, not that one the dark ones were late 20V Quattros and the B4 Quattro Coupe / S2s.
    The Nogaro Blue RS2 was a nice colour too, I could only ever lust after those, usually seen in the posher parts of South London doing the Dulwich School run with a Lab in the back.

stuvy likes this.
  17. stuvy

stuvy Member

I loved Nogaro blue but hated that plastic trim on the boot lid of the S2

My mate has a mk2 golf it’s seriously mint, £6500k for an interior retrim and he has some rare vw optional red and amber reflected on the bootlid, he gets cool points at shows but I think it ruins the other clean sharp lines of the car

zx9 likes this.
Advertisements