Audi coolant flange hose?

1. zx9

zx9 Member

The old Audi A4 is having a sulk, the O ring behind the coolant flange turned to mush so had to be replaced. As the plastic flange is 19 years old I ordered a replacement flange which came with new O rings, all good so far. However I managed to brake the end of the coolant hose that feeds the heater matrix removing it from the flange, it is a right pig of a job as the flange lives between the cylinder head and the bulkhead.
    The problem I have is that the hose is NLA, as it needs to be replaced I have two options: 1 buy the LHD version of the hose which is still available and splice them or 2. buy a replacement hose end and connect to the old hose.

Question is what are the hose ends called and where do I get one from?

If it helps here is the old coolant flange.

hose2.JPG

And the barb for the hose end.
    hose1.JPG

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Gareth_16V Member

That's a Henn quick connect or similar type. Are second hand or aftermarket replacements available?

3. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    is it same as mk4 golf era connectors

4. zx9

zx9 Member

Thank you, at least I have a name for the connector, just got to track one down now.

I can not find the correct Audi part number either genuine or aftermarket, the LHD version is available from Europe or the States as an aftermarket which might have to do, get one and splice them together.

5. zx9

zx9 Member

Yes same engine, 1.8T, only in line not transverse which is why it is a pig to get to between the head and the fire wall.

6. Gareth_16V Member

7. zx9

zx9 Member

That is about as far as I have got it is 3A part no. 8D0819371G the closest I can find has the suffix H which was the same model in LHD which I have just ordered on the grounds that I will make it fit by hook or by crook.

eLuSiVeMiTe likes this.
  8. daedalusminos Member

I think the suffix letter may be the part issue...so should be compatible with previous letters. Hopefully someone can confirm this.

zx9 likes this.
  9. zx9

zx9 Member

10. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

something similar on a Reno espace, no parts available any more, factory or after market ..
    dealer still has it in the price list tho....€231 euro's....
    had a bit more room than u pos....rough'd up the plastic housing and epoxied a piece of copper pipe...now just use a hose clip...

11. zx9

zx9 Member

Looks like they are available from Topran and assorted Chinese sources if not as an original part.
    FWIW in the past I have found Skoda part numbers still available for NLA Audi parts I guess the Skoda model cycles were slightly behind the Audi / VW range.

12. zx9

zx9 Member

Just a quick update, not that any of this has been quick.

I fitted the LHD hose this morning which was close to working, close but no banana. It was too long which in itself is not a problem as it could have been shortened and joined but the corners were wrong it just would not fit without resting on the clutch cable or kinking such that the heater would have never worked.
    My old hose was good so I chopped off the broken fitting and used the new fitting from the aftermarket hose I had bought, car has been run up to temp and no leeks so fingers crossed.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
Advertisements