Any thoughts on this helmet

1. powderblast

powderblast Member

Any thoughts on this helmet im after a new good quality helmet

Bohler Guardian 62f

Cannot find a great deal on them so all info would be great

2. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

What’s made you look into this one. I’d never heard of it till just now.
    What makes you think that is the best way to spend £150.
    Bohler ain’t big in the ppe game.
    It’s gonna be a rebranded mask.

Arclikeharrypotter likes this.
  3. powderblast

powderblast Member

i can get this 62f helmet for £114.00 or i can the gys space view for £72.00 all in but not sure which one or if there is better for the budget

i spoke to jack at welding supples regarding the space view first but then he mentions that bohler have branched out into helmets and he has just got stock???

cannot find a great deal about them though just want a good solid helmet what i can get lenses for easy

4. davidjohnperry a different breed

Most welding helmets are easy to get lenses for unless it's this special formed lenses if your totaly out of luck get a bit of 1.2mm or thinner poly carb (I think not a plastics guy ) and cut your own the clear lenses just protects the important bits. That's if it's a cheep mask like my speed glas which requires 36 pounds for ten lenses it protects a 255 pound filter I don't cheap out on that

5. davidjohnperry a different breed

Forgot to ask is it for hobby use or 8hr welding

6. powderblast

powderblast Member

hobby not hardcore everyday but few hours a week, the bohler has true colour feature plus flip helmet for grinding not sure if its digital controls though not sure which is the better brand out of the two

7. bigfellayork

bigfellayork Member

I’ve not seen this lid before either had a general route around this sort of price bracket a few months ago as I wanted something a little more reliable than the cheap cheap ones.
    Ultimately I’d go for an Optrel E684. Tried one on and for my failing eyes it was impressive.
    I actually settled for an Esab warrior £80 but the clarity of vision is way ahead of the cheapies.
    I don’t think it would hold up to 8 hr days, day in day out but for the money I’m impressed. The headband is very comfortable and I can accommodate my reading specs when welding fine.
    End of the day it’s horses for courses but I would suggest you try before lashing out the hard earned.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  8. powderblast

powderblast Member

i bought the warrior local few weeks ago but it failed the sensitivity stopped working so it was always dark i have tried the space view (my mates) and its ok large viewing area but feels abit cheap and im not one for the graphics on the side of helmets as well but the warrior was stylish not too in your face

9. davidjohnperry a different breed

Esab warrior helmet is a good mask for the money and spares are easy to obtain
    Plus if it broke in a few weeks surely your supplier will replace it as it's under 30 days

Brad93 likes this.
  10. powderblast

powderblast Member

i had trouble with light coming in at the bottom i had to put a bib on the bottom to stop this

11. Wightsparks

Wightsparks Forum Supporter

I bought a Warrior as an upgrade to a £20 job - well worth the extra - though it is a bit sensitive to nearby fluorescents, but not turned out to be an issue in actual use.

12. bigfellayork

bigfellayork Member

I would agree there. I had to turn the sensitivity to minimum and it still dims if I look towards the strip lights.
    As you say though it’s not a problem.

13. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

I’ve had an Esab Warrior Tech for years. Since I started out in metalwork. Battery’s have died now but never had too many issues with it tbh. It’s started flashing me on tig but then again it had been absolutely abused in a workshop by then and the battery light was on.

I then got a Speedglas 9100XX which is probably not a great deal better than the Warrior in terms of optical clarity. Gotta be honest.
    But the head gear and the side windows made that a comfortable all day helmet for tig work at a bench.

Then I got a speedglas FX 9100 XXi which was one of the first true colour ADFs and that thing is awesome.

However that adf is a good two or two and a half years old and some of these new ADF’s are just super super clear. Lincoln 4C and ESAB Sentinel (both made by the same company by the way) as even clearer I would say.

However the ADF is too bright for my eyes and I tend to stub the tungsten in the pool more often.

Speedglas, Optrel, Miller. They’re all £300 helmets.

ESAB A50 and Lincoln 4C are Taiwanese. They’re £170-240 lids.

Bbe555 likes this.
  14. user error 101 New Member

One of the best shields you can buy for the money. Comfortable headgear, very good sized clear lens, good lens size for the price point, sturdy flip front and it goes into the low range when you need it. It's not a speedglas 9100fx with the very large lens, but it doesn't try to be.

15. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

Last post was April 2018, I’d guess the OP has sorted a mask by now ......... or has severe arc eye if not :laughing:

powderblast likes this.
  16. heldtogetherwithblutack

heldtogetherwithblutack Member

17. powderblast

powderblast Member

hi i ended up going with the esab sentinel a50 it is a fantastic helmet very light low profile when you lift it up and is very well built i think the lens covers are exspensive though so i wet and dry /t cut them and i have has some good results doing it

davidjohnperry likes this.
Advertisements