Any course/training northwest england or close?

1. Seaneylad New Member

Afternoon all!

I have taken a look on the courses page and links but they all seems courses for weeks or not part time/evening. Some colleges etc seem to be set up for people looking to get into as a career/job which is understandable. I just want to be able to do abit as a hobby.

I want to learn the basics for light classic car resto/welding really on MIG. Total newbie really with no real knowledge so was looking at a weekend or a few days in a week I can book off from work and learn from someone in the know

Thanks for any input

2. HarryC New Member

Hi Seaney

I'm also new to MIG welding as a hobby. I've started out with the tutorial on here and looking on youtube.
    There is a list of courses here. One of which may be suitable and near where you live. Where are you based?

Seaneylad likes this.
  3. EBME2 Member

4. Kent

Kent Member

Come on where abouts, are you exactly?

5. Seaneylad New Member

Near liverpool

6. Kent

Kent Member

Bet theres at least a few. Not my neck of the woods to advise
    Manchester school of welding is 45 mins perhaps?

7. DarenA New Member

I go to Liverpool City college. They start in September and teach welding basics. You can do the 10 week course or the 36 week course.
    I went last year and it was excellent. As well as teaching four basic weld principles they also provide workshop facilities for your car.

It is more of a car club but everyone is very helpful.

If you’re quick you may still be able to get in for September start. You can spread the cost on a monthly basis, last year it was around £70 per month. I plan to enrol again this year.

Hope this helps

8. winchman

winchman Member

St.Helens College run them

Advertisements