Another new Lorch

1. oliwb Member

Got our brand new Lorch yesterday. So far very impressed. Waited a long time for an Oxford that never came and it caused a big backlog of customer POs. Thankfully this new machine fired straight up and started earning money within about 10 minutes of arrival and installation of a plug.

So far very, very happy. Can anyone tell me where is good to buy new drive rollers? I need some for flux core but nobody seems to list them online.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

matt1978, optima21, 500e and 5 others like this.
  2. EAZEE

EAZEE Member

Nice bit of kit that bud. As for the rollers talk to @tomorrow

3. arther dailey

arther dailey Member

surely get the rollers from machine supplier? I would be putting a bit of perspex or similar over the front of the display area,just to keep it in good condition, errant hot metal is always attracted to any sort of digital display it seems..nice tool.

4. Tom Orrow L

Tom Orrow L Welding Supplies Direct

I had your Oxford turn up at my place yesterday :clapping::D;)
    Lorch will serve you extremely well though, best place for the rollers is wasp or matt, I don't stock them unfortunately.

Brad93 likes this.
  5. Richard.

Richard. Forum Supporter

Nice purchase.
    You’ve got what I believe to be 250 amps on tap. Don’t be frightened to use it. Those welds look very cold for such a gage.

Brad93 and EAZEE like this.
  6. Welderpaul

Welderpaul Moderator Staff Member

We have five 400 & 500A Lorch machines - one of the best manufacturers IMO.
    The rolls are generic. ESAB/Murex etc all fit. Order by OD/bore size and pin centres. Even get them on ebay.

Grind the millscale off, whack the power up and lay some nice beads with it.

Brad93 likes this.
  7. Jim Davey

Jim Davey R H Davey Welding Supplies Ltd

Tech Arc do drive rollers for just about anything. And spares are something they get out the door same day mostly.
    Alternatively stick up a photo, I can probably ID them from that.

8. Welderpaul

Welderpaul Moderator Staff Member

These - Tech arc are on ebay

9. oliwb Member

Yes, well spotted. At the moment it's on a 16A socket (sparky coming next week). So I was only able to set it to 5mm on the Synergic settings. Normally would've stick welded that thickness (10mm to 15mm) but it's the base for my new pan folder so doesn't need to be particularly strong and I'm loving playing tbh.

I'll try WASP for the rollers. Just couldn't see any on their website and was trying to avoid having to phone round places.

Shame about the Oxford. TBH I was put off because I was first told they were very busy, then 2 weeks later it'll go out on Thursday (this was on Monday) then Thursday after chasing them they said they were waiting on parts. If they're like that supplying a brand new machine I hate to think what might happen with a warranty or break down. It's pretty poor that they've made you purchase the machine anyway Tom. It basically means they can give whatever level of service they feel like without any repercussions for them. Also, as I stated before you guys at Welding Supplies Direct were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Wouldn't hesitate to use you again in the future. Just a shame you had nothing else similar in your range.

10. oliwb Member

Unfortunately those rollers on eBay won't fit my machine. It has a keyway (bit weird as the photo on the Lorch website is drilled with a pin but mine is like the ESAB ones but a different diameter!).

11. wyn

wyn Member

I had the feed rollers off my m-pro 252 a couple of days ago to swap things for aluminium wire.
    The shaft looked 8 or 10mm....i'd measure them and match them up with what tech arc have in their catalouge.

12. Brad93

Brad93 M J B Engineering

Let me know how much wasp want I need to get some 1.2 knurled rollers.

13. matt1978

matt1978 http://www.uk.masters-of-speed.de/

The rollers for the S/P machines which Brad and WelderPaul have are different to those on the M-Pro range.

Brad93 likes this.
Advertisements