Anchor Lube

1. rikrobson

rikrobson Member

Just a heads up

With Anchor lube being a great product and not being available in the UK, there is a chap on the Boxford Lathe User Group that has bought a batch from the states to sell on to members. 400ml is £22 and 100ml is £10 (he's decanted it into smaller bottles) the price is inclusive of delivery too and he takes paypal.

He's nearly sold out, but is willing to get another batch in if there is interest.

his email is
    mat.look@live.co.uk

2. Welderpaul

Welderpaul Moderator Staff Member

The power of marketing:laughing::clapping:...getting people to pay a lot of coin for a product that is only available in America.

Rocol? Treffolex? et al - all just as good...and cheaper.:whistle:

skotl, brightspark, Kent and 2 others like this.
  3. Kent

Kent Member

Problem is most of them watch too much u- tube from the American hobbiests

Brad93 likes this.
  4. rikrobson

rikrobson Member

its a soap type stuff as far as i know, so its water based and none of the smoke etc that you get with oil

5. Bill Edwards Member

In that case what's the point... I love the smoke you get from oil, great smell.

Rig Pig, Brad93 and Maker like this.
  6. SHogan

SHogan Member

Anyone know where you can get it in the USA? I'm in Seattle until Tuesday so would be keen to pick some up from a store if it's possible. The Anchorlube website isn't massively helpful (and I'm in a meeting until after office hours so won't be able to phone them up). Anything else worth buying from over here?

7. doubleboost

doubleboost Member

I was sent some It is very good on stainless

8. SHogan

SHogan Member

It was your SNNCs that I first thought of when I saw the thread title! I ended up getting a tin of Trefolex last time (which I find has a very appealing smell!) but I like the pale lime green colour of the alien snot; it's lovely... :laughing:

9. Carl Wilson Member

What's with stuff not being available in the UK? Surely you can buy what you want online.

If someone on the Boxford group or wherever else has got it, then anyone can.

To be honest I agree with the sentiment that it's purely the power of marketing.

You can get 450ml on eBay for about £11.50. So the distributor mentioned above is extracting the urine somewhat.

eLuSiVeMiTe and Hopefuldave like this.
  10. Spark plug

Spark plug Member

I love the smell of Rocol RTD, plus I scooped 5 litres for £30 some time ago on eBay, at the rate I’m going should last another 10 year or so.

11. zeppelin builder

zeppelin builder Member

i think Trefolex is probably safer than loads of rancid soluble oil for the home gadgee
    molyslip cutting oil is probably far superior to anything even from uncle donald

12. Wedg1e

Wedg1e They call me Mr. Bodge-angles

I blagged most of a 20L drum of soluble oil from a customer at work; apparently it no longer fit in with their H&S procedures :vsad: so they were glad to be rid of it.
    At a 1:5 mix it should last me till I'm 132 :D

Hopefuldave likes this.
Advertisements