Aldi / Lidl compressor to spray small parts

1. winchman Member

2. roofman

roofman "Hey!! calm down calm down"

None!!!...save up a few more quid and buy a "real" compressor that has a motor and a pump driven by a belt. Those integrated units are noisy and get old very fast with regards to reliability ;)

brightspark and Ruffian like this.
  3. Ruffian Member

Sgs do a direct drive twin cylinder which is sensible. Will run spray guns easy enough.

4. cumbriasteve

cumbriasteve Moderator Staff Member

Have sprayed all sorts with my Aldi compressor over the years, only downside is it's noisy.

james butler and slim_boy_fat like this.
  5. optima21 Member

yeah I didnt have any trouble with my aldi compressor and it was abused for years, I bought a belt drive compressor to replace it as it was noisy.

6. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

I've had a SIP V twin 50 litre direct drive compressor for over 15 years now and it's still running well. Get the compressor and do your little jobs with it and use it to blow tyres up e etc safe in the knowledge of it breaks you can get it replaced or return it. The noise is not that bad and the price is good.

7. Turbo Forum Supporter

For small spray jobs like you are suggesting those lidl compressors are ok in combination with one of the small Fast Mover LVLP or HVLP spray guns. That's all I had for years & it served me well.

8. winchman Member

Thanks I will give it some more thought any one send me a link to a recommended cheap spray gun?

9. Tomfromuk Member

I've been using a cheapo compressor from machine mart 2HP 24 Ltr for spraying tractor wheels and wings. It's more than adequate for what I've been using it for and keeps up fine.

Also picked up one of these locally for about £15: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline...TF8&qid=1536903476&sr=8-6&keywords=spray+guns

It's obviously not the best out there but if your trying to keep cost down its a good way to go.

addjunkie and winchman like this.
  10. winchman Member

11. james butler

james butler Member

ive had the one from aldi and was a cracking little compressor, the only reason i sold it was because aldi did the twin piston one so bought that one instead.
    it was the same one as this https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/airmaster-tiger-16510-3hp-50-litre-air-compre/ but was £130:o so couldn't resist.
    its not like your going to be spraying professionally so no sense spending a fortune on something you might only use once or twice.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  12. steveo3002 Member

cambridge uk
    ive got the aldi one as its all i could afford and had room for , its good enough for what it is , will just about do what you need with a small gun

if you can stretch to a big belt drive then of coarse its much better , but the little one is better than a kick up the bum

13. winchman Member

Room is a big problem for me

14. gaz_moose Member

ive done a fair bit of painting with a compressor that's not really upto the job what I did was mark on the gauge where the motor kicks back in. then I can watch and plan my next few coats around it. if the motor kicks in when im painting I just pause for a moment between runs to help it catch up a bit.

you could always use an old propane type cylinder as an extra air receiver. if you are just painting small things you might have enough air stored this way to paint the whole thing before the compressor kicks back in. that would help it to cool the compressed air to get the moisture out.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  15. Ruffian Member

Lidl have spray gun''s in soon and are actually pretty good for the money. Painted my Mrs track bike with one.

16. Ruffian Member

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  17. winchman Member

Thanks I am working so Winchboy is going to get a compressor and spray gun for me.

HopefullySoon likes this.
  18. gaz1

gaz1 Member

Been after the aldi air kit for tyres pon hole air jet and other things

Someones picked one up as I was waiting for it this year

Advertisements