AIRLINE CONNECTORS

1. TigTigger Forum Supporter

Quick question, are Euro style couplings and PCL XF couplings interchangeable?

2. ibrooks Member

UK Lancashire
    Yep

There's also a smaller one that looks sort of like a Euro and the male ones will work in a female XF socket.

3. TigTigger Forum Supporter

Thanks for the reply. They look the same but I read somewhere that technically they are different, so I just thought I would ask.

4. earthman Member

I'm guessing that all the air tools that Lidl stores sell for example are fitted with the Euro type connector? Which don't fit into the connector that comes with a Clarke machine but I did find an adapter/converter piece to make it all work.:)

5. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet Forum Supporter

earthman likes this.
  6. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    When we all used PCL19 there was no issue :laughing:

What totally confuses things is that people call a PCL XF a Euro and that is where the issue lies. I can't remember which way it is but I think you can get a PCL19 into a an XF coupling, it doesn't work but can cause a bit of tension when you try and get it out

Decent quality PCL probes(the bit fits on the tool) cost £1.70 in Screwfix so it's really not worth risk.You are your own worst enemy if you are using the wrong fittings.

I think most of the stuff from Aldi/Lidl have PCL XF type fittings.

It is worth having some conversion pieces, I made conversion both ways while I was converting to PCL XF, I had so many to do I couldn't do them all in one sitting which meant I could have ended up with tools that I need that didn't fit the hoses I had.

What also confuses things is the whole male/female thing, that bit applies to the thread that fits the tool or hose. with regards to the connection the "male" part is called a probe and "female" part is a coupling.

If you buy probes always buy a couple more than you need because it's guartanteed you need one for a tool you buy at car boot.

Tangledfeet likes this.
  7. julianf

julianf Member

Isn't "euro" a mis naming? Aren't they "euro" and then a number? Ie there are other euro ones too?

I'm not sure and can't be botherd to check, but the right euro one, so far as my experience has gone, is compatible with pcl xf.

Some of them have different numbers of rings on the male, but still seem to mate up ok.

8. Tangledfeet

Tangledfeet Forum Supporter

Yes, I soon got that impression!

Advertisements