Advice needed: Sealey Upright 50L Belt Drive 2hp Oil Free Compressor.

1. 1Billion Amps Member

Hi all,

I've been thinking of getting an upright compressor, both to save space in my van and for portability, and I recently spotted this one in the SEALEY catalogue -https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/5637197909/compressor-50l-belt-drive-2hp-oil-free

What are your opinions on this machine? Any other uprights you'd recommend?

Would replacement parts be readily available?

I don't know too much about compressors in general, but reading these forums it seems that belt driven is better than direct drive - why is that?

Is oil free better than oiled - again, if so why is that?

Looking forward to seeing your feedback, thanks.

2. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

I bought a direct drive oil free comp from Aldi at least 15 years ago........it gets a fair work out ...with nailers and tyre blow ups...etc.
    not my main comp but just so handy to chuck in the car.........STILL working fine but a bit knocked about now....
    the piston rings will be better materials now than when I bought mine........
    as long as ur not gonna run it for hours on end ...GO for it......
    make sure it has a good cooling air supply tho.......not buried in the van....

3. addjunkie

addjunkie Member

Under the plastic cover will be an a typical far eastern compressor. Spares are usually available, on the bay or evil. I recently bough a new bit for my 10 year old aldi job, no issue.

4. gaz_moose Member

when I needed parts for my sealey direct drive compressor (cylinder head and reed valves/gaskets. I just got them from machine mart as their compressor was basically the same.

5. 1Billion Amps Member

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

I rang my local SEALEY dealer this afternoon and the price of it from them is €320 inc vat. Taking note of what addjunkie said I will have a look around and see what I find.

Advertisements