2016 Trafic Van circulation fan

1. ballibeg Member

Morning,

The fans not working on my van, 0-4 all nothing. I remember problems with the resistor module in the older version of the van but I didn't think it was something that would reappear in the new model....

Google hasn't turned up much. Has anyone any experience?

Cheers

2. Melvyn Best Member

Fuses? Check the multi plug on the blower motor for damage if you can get to it. Power to multi plug? Earth at multi plug ? Some French vehicles the blower only works with the engine running. Sorry can’t be more specific with your particular problem

ballibeg likes this.
  3. dobbslc

dobbslc Forum Supporter

Resistor went in my Ford Courier van but full speed worked. Get the motor out an stick 12v on it to see if it works or not.

4. frank horton

frank horton V twins are great but 4"s rule.........

all the French stuff see to have this prob......
    regulary its the resister......orig can be £200 ( u do get 1/2 the dash tho)....
    just buy em of ebay / china 20 or 25 squids........there are quite a few different types....
    after checking the fan will work direct then go for it.....
    BUT MAKE SURE THEY R IN A GOOD AIRFLOW.....ducted air to the heater is their cooling.....NOT REALLY GOOD ENOUGH.....
    that's what set's the cars alight.....
    sombody on here says buy flood insurance as its hard to start a fire........not on modern vehicles it aint....hahaha.....
    my old Reno got wired direct...max fan speed .....not gonna pay for an original on a 20 year old van.....

5. ballibeg Member

It's a module not a resistor I discovered. I found it eventually, nice and easy to remove. I couldn't get the fan to spin so I'm leaning towards fan knackered but I'm going to try a replacement module to see before I try and change the fan.

Thanks folks. I appreciate that helpful advice.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 8:57 PM
  6. ballibeg Member

And the problem was?..... a jammed fan. Kneeling outside makes it easy to remove remove the side trim of lower centre console to reveal the fan resistor module pack.

[​IMG]

Press on the clip on the left hand side and you can vertically lift the module before sliding out. You can unclip the module wiring to replace if needed.

[​IMG]

The solution for me was to reach into the square hole and with my fingers I could feel the fan above just. It took the slightest nudge to get it to spin and then it ran free with no resistance.

The van does get all sorts of pine needles etc coming out of the vents so I guess something jammed the motor. Any fix that's free and needs no tools is a winner.

Hope this helps someone else googling a broken heater/AC fan in a mark 3 Renault Trafic/vivaro!

Advertisements