2.0 eco boost.

1. Matt2223 Member

Do we have any other mechanics here that know much about the 2.0 ford eco boost? I’ve had a call today asking if we can rebuild one for Someone. I know the 1.0 eco boost is best to just chuck it but didn’t know if it was the same for 2.0. It’s apparently broke a bit of piston off potentially due to a bad injector.

2. Moose McAlpine

Moose McAlpine Member

I've dealt with a couple, apparently head gasket failures that allow coolant to seep into the cylinder with the engine off, it then hydrolocks on startup and blows the 500A starter fuse.

I've only heard of head gasket failures on them, not internal part failures.

stuvy likes this.
  3. Matt2223 Member

Ford reckon it’s got a overboost problem and taken out a piston. I’ve said we would need to look at it to see what Is needed. Ford have quoted him over £7k to fit a new engine. Speaking to another ford dealer they are telling me you can’t buy pistons which I find a little unnerving.

stuvy likes this.
  4. octo0072000

octo0072000 Member

sounds like a second hand motor job to me

stuvy likes this.
  5. gaz_moose Member

if you cant buy pistons from them can you get bearings/rings/gaskets?

6. stuvy

stuvy Member

I have heard like the little triple engine there classing it as a sealed unit which is frightening

7. Matt2223 Member

I hope it’s not a sealed unit I know the 3 cylinder is but a new one isn’t silly money whereas I was quoted £4400 for the 2 litre.

8. Matt2223 Member

I didn’t ask them at the time abouts bearings and rings. I’ll call some other places tomorrow to see what they can supply.

9. gaz_moose Member

if you can buy those parts but just struggle with a piston you could always try to get one from a breaker or just buy a dead engine to rape for parts.

barking mat likes this.
  10. Matt2223 Member

That’s not a bad idea actually. Failing that I’m sure I’d get one from eBay I just don’t like fitting bits from eBay to customer vehicles

Ashley Burton likes this.
Advertisements