1971 Saab 96

1. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

He does nothing for the show, I cringe with embarrassment when I’ve watched his antics! :ashamed:

jenki, slim_boy_fat, ronan and 2 others like this.
  2. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

This seasons trick seems to be skidding the last few yards on locked wheels when he's out "blagging" :vsad:

Rannsachair and ronan like this.
  3. ronan

ronan Forum Supporter

dublin
    Fuzz is great, the other one is a plank. Ditto sam lovegrove and henry cole on the other show.

4. Rannsachair

Rannsachair Forum Supporter

I sat the heads and manifold on the 1700 engine for a last picture before it goes: modified from a standard 1500 to 1700 with rally cam, lightweight followers, steel timing gear, Burton high flow oil pump, twin choke manifold, stronger v6 valve springs, Weber 28/36 DCD and nice shiny cast rocker covers....

[​IMG]

jenki, Olderisbetter, stuvy and 6 others like this.
  5. CompoSimmonite Member

I liked the torque the 1500 version in my Saab 95 produced to a modified 1700 should be "interesting" :)

stuvy, julianthegypsy and Rannsachair like this.
  6. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I'm having 'compressor envy' :ashamed:

stuvy and Rannsachair like this.
  7. Rannsachair

It was my dads, he kindly passed it on to me, mine was not powerful enough for beadblasting.

slim_boy_fat likes this.
  8. Rannsachair

Weird how things happen: an old family friend got in touch tonight, her husband past away a few years ago, he was restoring an Aston martin DB2 that has been sold. She asked if I can clear his workshop and help myself to what I want. She has no idea what he has bar there are 3 lathes, pillar drills and numerous tools. I suspect the space from the Saab going will be taken up. I will not manage to take a look until after my hopefully last chemo session, so probably in a month and a half. I will start a new thread once i get a look.

9. slim_boy_fat

slim_boy_fat Forum Supporter

I always feel sad to read about a man's life collection of machinery & tools having to go. At least in this case it'll go to someone who will appreciate them, and not to some dealer who'll offer peanuts and move on at exorbitant prices.

And yes, I know that's called business, but it still rankles. :mad:

Dcal, stuvy, galooph and 4 others like this.
Advertisements