Where are you buying your 3M guns and supplies?

1. rcx132

rcx132 Philip

Thinking of switching to 3M accuspray, partly because Jotun paint is such a pain to clean out the gun and with accuspray you can see through the plastic if it's properly clean and I assume I can remove the head and just submerge it.

There's a nice kit available which has the PPS cup in there as well but seems to only be listed in America. The UK kits don't have the PPS cup included. Anyone know some well priced 3M dealers so I can see if it can be ordered in?

[​IMG]

2. carbon

carbon Member

3. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    Once you have the PPS system the gun is so much easier to clean anyway. The cups cost pennies. I think a pack of two is about £10-12 so I wouldn't see the fact it's not included as an issue as you would probably need another anyway.

My PPS stuff came from these guys, although not obvious it's the Morrelli group. The only bit they didn't have was an adapter for one of my older guns.

http://www.smartexpress.co.uk/

4. rcx132

rcx132 Philip

Nice one! Their price for the gun was less than what second hand ones are listed on eBay!!! If I knew about accuspray probably would have saved money buy now by the time I account for having bought a spray gun with all the various tips sizes, ruined one gun from the Jotun paint, not to mention the time it takes to clean them.

So the kit isn't available in the UK but they said it's pointless anyway as the PPS cup is only £10 and the kit only has one liner in there so you need to buy more anyway.

The heads cost £18 for four, so thats £4.50 each, really not bad.

I bought 1.4mm tips. Is that the right size for spraying my car using Lechlar?
    I also got 1.8mm tips for the Jotun paint that I'm using on the underside plus suspension parts etc.

5. rcx132

rcx132 Philip

If you really wanted you could get an adaptor for another gun modified to fit.

6. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I just bought the adpater somewhere else so all my guns have them now even an old suction gun.

I though the Accuspray was aimed at primer application?

7. rcx132

rcx132 Philip

The 3M advertising videos and literature shows the gun being used to spray bodywork, so I assume it's not just for primer.

8. carbon

carbon Member

Not sure if 3M produce any charts for specific paint manufacturers suggesting nozzle sizes for different paint products. I know devilbiss have some on there website but not sure if it would be suitable for use with an 3M acccuspray

9. armalites Member

Herefordshire
    I've watched a couple of videos where they are spraying clear coat so it does look like a good system. I do like the idea of having a brand new gun for £5. They do a 2.1 now, you could probably spray custard with that :laughing:

Advertisements