STAR 160 Welder AC/DC tig/MMA

1. AndyWoollard New Member

UK
    STAR 160 Welder AC/DC tig/MMA Circuit Diag. required

I am looking for a circuit diag for this welder. It is Italian in origin, copper transformer, Similar in appearance to a SIP 25065 (this is a current model - mine is 1989). Any help would be much appreciated.
    • STAR Tig Back.JPG
    • STAR Tig Front.JPG
    • STAR Tig Guts.JPG
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  2. AndyTurpin New Member

Suffolk, UK
    Snap!

Hi Andy,
    My brother has just aquired the same welder, but with no manual etc. Have you been able to get any information yet?
  3. adrian@ New Member

UK midlands
    Where are we with this....

I need some spare parts to repair mine!
    Adrian@
  4. quattro Member

Wales, north
    Whats this welder like are they reliable, would it be a good starting point as a first tig welder to weld alu?
  5. adrian@ New Member

UK midlands
    Still looking for spares..

I have had two of these for years (identical machines) One of these is working but starts up at 6 KW and blows fuses instantly ...it is running on 240V and 6KW is 2kw more than the other machine) in that it is spares for the other machine (it's good for spares..BUT I would rather it was working properly) I have swapped bits out of the good machine and tested capacitors which are all OK, BUT one of the copper coiled windings LOOK to be suspect, I am tempted to strip it out and get it rewound ..is this feasible?
    Adrian@
  6. vpug Member

Manchester
    I had a faulty wse200 tig , after testing transformer was faulty so I strip counted and rewound it, cost me about £30 to do.

EMAIL="[​IMG]"][​IMG][/EMAIL]Hi

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Sub-arc

Sub-arc Member

Ireland
    Is that STAR 160 not handled by Wilkinson Welding (near Manchester) if they're still going.

Pretty sure they used the 'Welding Star' brand on lots of their stuff.
  8. adrian@ New Member

UK midlands
    It is one of the main windings that has failed ..I did speak to Wilkinsons and they were of little help, I then spoke to SIP who made a copy for a while, and they wanted 800 plus for one...heyho spares it is.
    cool winding for the power supply there.
Recent Posts