screwfix(ed) ?

1. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    GRUMPY1950 likes this.
  2. angellonewolf Member

lidl tool foe £29.99 id quite a good tool if not used every day 3 years warrenty

3. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Ye but daughters got me screwfix vouchers so thought I might like to try one of the multi tools and hence being drawn to the budget one but low and behold it's not there (even if you add on the vat incase they were trying that on, it's still wrong)

4. angellonewolf Member

take a photo and phone up head office in the moring i cant see what make it is on the photo

5. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

There's an Energer one at £49.99 looks a bit like the one in your picture

GRUMPY1950 likes this.
  6. GRUMPY1950 Member

Well spotter you are correct.

7. ukracer Forum Supporter

Am I missing something? I can't see his picture....

8. 500e

500e Always buy fire insurance, flood are hard to start

9. I agree, I can see the OP's link to the Screwfix website but that's it, am I missing something?

10. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    My point was that at the top of the page I linked to there is a box in which it says "our top rated multi-toolS from onlt £42.99" within that box is a pic of what most would consider a multi tool (one that takes the vibrating saw blades/sanders pads) But as we know SOME adds will quote a price with pic but (usually in small print) will have something like "does not include item shown...) So where on there "multi-tool pages is the £42.99 tool ?????
    And yes the pic does seam (if you zoom in) to be of the same machine that is at £49.99.

11. Aah, that makes sense now, if you click on the link with a mobile device you don't get any banners, just the listings in ascending price order.

ukracer likes this.
  12. pdg

pdg Member

Maybe this reply is off topic :dontknow:

I got one of the energer ones last year (sure I paid about 38 quid or so) to help with some awkward bits on a laminate flooring job.

Wasn't expecting much really, but the time it saved me compared to using hand tools (as I was intending to) it paid for itself at least twice over.

I've only used it once since, but it's become a backup tool for those little bits that are time consuming using other methods.

13. jordan1 Member

Bought a Fein one around 15yrs ago, had a lot of use, never missed a beat.

500e likes this.
  14. elton Member

My local homebase was selling of stanley ones for 45 quid.not online at that price though. 3 year warranty with stanley also

15. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

I bought a Netto version a few years ago to take some windows and doors out, just plunge cut into the frame and get the jemmy in and it's been used by myself on flooring and lent out to cut skirting bottoms and it's still going strong. They are invaluable once you have one and I can't praise their usefulness any higher. If it broke tomorrow I would get the Screwfix version in a blink.

16. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Have just sent email to queer the page/add. Lets see what they say.
    At the < £50 price range I don't expect a work horse! but would like something that might last long enough to see if such a tool would be useful.
    Tool station do 2 in the <£50 AND there not Silverline !!
    Was hoping that the copper coloured finger shaped attachment (think they are tungsten carbide and for stone/tile) might have worked for getting into pitted rust areas.

17. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Up date. Reply to my email.

Dear Mike
    Thank you for your email in regards to our website.
    I apologise for the error that has been made on our website, and I can appreciate the disappointment that this may cause. As the range of Multi - Tools start from £19.99, I have passed on this information to our website team for amending.

As a gesture of goodwill, I have arranged for you to receive a £7.00 credit to your customer record to make up the difference for the Energer ENB518HTL Multi-Tool at £49.99. At present, this credit will not show online as it can not be used against online orders. However, it can be redeemed in store or over the telephone with our Contact Centre on 03330 112 112.

I trust that the above information is of assistance to you, however, please do not hesitate to contact us again if you require any further assistance.

Kind Regards
    Grace Collett

Well was not expecting that !
    Just got to figure how to redeem in store.....

zx9 likes this.
  18. pdg

pdg Member

It should come up on their screen when you give them your details at the counter.

19. angellonewolf Member

go in to store and when it comes to pay the person asks do you want to use your credit on this if they dont ask just say can you cheak the credit please

20. mike 109444

mike 109444 Member

uk Bristol
    Thanks chaps thought it might be along those lines.

Advertisements