Rental free bottles for MIG

1. CompoSimmonite Member

UK
    I've just seen how much I pay a year rental on my BOC bottle of Argoshield and think it's time to look at rent free alternatives as I don't use the welder much now (ill health). In fact haven't used it for maybe a year :ashamed:

A quick look shows there are
    ALBee http://www.albeegascylinders.com/
    Hobbyweld http://www.hobbyweld dot co dot uk (you have to replace the "dot" with "." !)
    Any others to consider ?
    Who do people recommend ?
    I don't mind paying a little more for the contents than BOC as long as no annual rental charge.

Thanks.

paul h
  2. austin Member

Hi Paul,i use albee for my pure argon and use pubgas for mig,albee are good you dont need to get a reg as they are already on and when you take back for refill they check and replace as nessacery,wherein uk are you?.Kev.
  3. Cobbler Codger bodger

Hi Paul,
    Have a look at the Adams Gas web site, I use their argon mix, £50 deposit for a bottle & £36 for a fill. The first one I had was sent by courier, then on the web site I found they had set up a local supplier network, so could change it easily.
    There is a postcode setup on the website so you can find if there is anyone local.

Cobbler
  4. CompoSimmonite Member

UK
    Thanks.
    Just had a look at Adams gas but no local agents (nearest is 30+ miles away. £91 deposit.

Paul H
  5. Cobbler Codger bodger

Hi Paul,
    30 miles probably too far, but the £91 is bottle deposit & the gas as well, so deposit is now £55. I was concerned that I would have to pay carriage both ways to change it, but now there's a stockist within 6 miles.

Worth trying the local Calor stockists as I'm told some of them are stocking welding gases now.

Cobbler
  6. Agautosport Member

UK Somerset
    Hi,
    Maybe you should take a look at our website, www.southwestgassupplies.co.uk
    Now more than 250 distributors around the country , 10 & 20 litre no rental cylinders available and with a cashback offer to mig welding forum members.

Regards
    Alan
  7. zx9

zx9 Member

Is that new Alan? I must have missed the anouncement :(
  8. Dave J Member

Garswood
    Hi Kev how much do they charge you for pure argon?

Dave
  9. graffian Seer unto the end of his beard

surrey
    I am going to need argon and probably argoshield in the next few weeks. I keep meaning to move from BOC. I have asked your distrib' local to me, jaycar in Redhill, for prices. Can you tell me more about cashback?
  10. Country Joe Argoshield Dark

Somerset
    Hi there, graffian!
    First page of this thread.

All the Best,
    CJ
Recent Posts