problem with a gasless

1. vladrat Member

i have a gasless mig i was given a couple of years ago and it was working fine up
    until i tried to use it a couple of days ago,went to use it the other day and the power light on the switch came on but nothing else happened. no wire feed ,no arc nothing.anyone got any ideas.
  2. weldequip Member

England
    Sounds like a Printed Circuit Board problem, what make & model is it??
    weldequip:
  3. vladrat Member

hello its a nutool nw 101-2 body shop. nothing special but i was in the process of repairing some gates,but not now im not
  4. malcolm

malcolm Administrator Staff Member

Bedford UK
    Worth checking out all the connections too. The wire feed and arc will presumably be controlled by a switch in the trigger. The torch will come apart to check the switch is working, and the continarity of the wire to where it goes. I've had problems with power switches before - mine broke in pieces. Might be worth a check. Failing that, or finding any internal fuses about the place, it looks like it's b*ggered.
  5. weldequip Member

England
    Oh dear. Nu-Tool are notoriously bad to get spare parts for; you can give them a try though on TEL:01302 720018.
    weldequip
  6. vladrat Member

ok.thanks lads will try both .hopefully if i cant get it fixed i can pick up a cheap one second hand
  7. vladrat Member

no luck on either counts so it looks like getting hold of another,noy a nutool either :rolleyes:
  8. Eurotorch Eurotorch

uk
    First thing to do, pull the wire out of the lance all way back to the roll, remove the roll of wire, now switch it on and pull the trigger, do the pinch rollers rotate, increase the speed, do they respond in preportion to the increase on the dial?, if yes the mig is working so far and could just be a tip problem or liner or wire kink, replace tip, cut old wire back re-feed the lance"with the tip removed" replace tip when wire has come through, then try again, failing this try the other thing as suggested by malcolm,Weldquip etc.
    I don't know these machines make or type, I have picked up on the forum that gasless spatter quite a bit so maybe once it is working again, investing into a tub of anti spatter paste, you just dip the nozzle in every now and then
  9. vladrat Member

no it be dead i fear no power to anything .except the bloody power switch,typical that:rolleyes:
  10. weldequip Member

England
    DEFINATELY a faulty PCB. As a temporary quick fix, remove the clear plastic cover on the little relay fitted to the PCB & carefully clean the points with some fine emery cloth. This may get you up and running again for a while.
    weldequip
  11. vladrat Member

ta for that idea ,i try that over the weekend.let ya know how i get on monday or tuesday:)
  12. Eurotorch Eurotorch

uk
    If after cleaning the contacts you still get not response, I would be looking at the power diodes on the bridge rectifier, the feed to the motor comes from there and if the bridge has gone that would also stop the motor from running, if you are not compitent in electrical/electronics I would stop at this point, as the only way to proceed is with live testing, and you could get hurt.
    Give it to some one who knows what they are doing if this is the case
Recent Posts