Murex Mig 130 - Any Info ?

1. mini nige

mini nige Member

I do a lot of restoration work on minis. Have been offered a Murex Mig 130 welder and have been trying to find some info on it. Does anyone know how old it is ? or any other info on it. Haven't had chance to see it yet but a mate has told me its in really good nick and has had little use.
    I've checked the Murex website but can only find 180 upwards, no mention of a 130.
  2. weldequip Member

England
    Is it the Tradesmig 130?? In which case it is probably getting on for 15 - 20 years old. A cracking set but I'm not too sure on spares availabilty now.
  3. mini nige

mini nige Member

not sure if its a tradesmig but im going to have a look saturday, my friend said it looks almost new and comes with argon-co bottle- reg- eurotorch £150 but like u said spares could be a problem. thanks for ur reply cheers nige.
  4. weldequip Member

England
    If it is the Tradesmig model & it's as clean as described you can't go far wrong at that money. I can get things like PCB's repaired for that machine & other, likely main component faults replaced. (not all).
    If, however, it is the 'Autolynx' 130 BEWARE. The original Autolynx, circa 60's & 70's were branded BOC & one of the first MIG's on the market. They were REAL machines but you can now FORGET any spare parts. Murex did re-launch the Autolynx name fairly recently (6-8 years ago) so if it is that model not a problem.
    weldequip
  5. mini nige

mini nige Member

cheers for the info mate there should be a id date on the machine ide of thought so ill have a look at that cheers nige.
  6. mini nige

mini nige Member

picked up my murex 130 yesterday it looks almost new had a little play with it seems a good machine, its a murex 130 autolynx (3) sr no 99L/0411 any body know how old it is can i still get spares for it cheers nige.
  7. weldequip Member

England
    Hi Nige,
    The Autolynx 3 was the modern relaunch of the very early Autolynx machines & although they are not made now you will still get spares. The Serial Number denotes the year of manufacture, ie.1999.
  8. mini nige

mini nige Member

thanks for the info mate cheers nige.
Recent Posts