Ipad image handling, portrait images changed to landscape.

1. Regardless of what I do images taken with the ipad in portrait and posted on a form that I subscribe to are turned on their side and presented in landscape. Forum admin can correct this but apparently it is because Apple portable devices see the longer dimension as being horizontal and treat it as such.
    Does anyone know a workaround so that posted images are presented correctly.

2. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

I load images into Xnview on the PC, set the orientation and save then upload. They appear the right way round on the forum.

3. Gritineye Member

Sussex UK
    How about rotating it to landscape on your iPad with the edit tool before posting it, it should then come out as portrait.

gordon stephenson likes this.
  4. pdg

pdg Member

Use an android device :p

afaik that still won't work because the software looks at the size and decides what is best for you as you can't be trusted to make up your own mind...

gordon stephenson likes this.
  5. rtbcomp

rtbcomp Moderator Staff Member

Load it onto a PC rotate it with XnView, save and upload to forum.

6. pdg

pdg Member

Why is it such a faff with i-devices then?

Going through an intermediary PC step seems counterintuitive and unnecessary when (on droid) I can do a cup of tea in portrait:

14927243672181424722794.jpg

or in landscape:

1492724426390669906975.jpg

simply by turning my phone (after doing Upload a File -> Camera).

There must be an app that allows sensible functionality?

7. pedrobedro

pedrobedro Man at Matalan

I read of this problem somewhere else and someone said that if they crop their images on the iphone after taking them the problem does not occur. It is said that if you hold the ipad or iphone the right way up to take the picture it will come out the right way up when you send it.

[​IMG]

8. skotl

skotl Member

Advertisements