1. s410man trainee dogsbody

wales
    have around £100 to spend on a set of workboots

would like a toecap but preferably not steel as its to cold

must be very warm as i like warm feet:laughing:

also want midsole protection

must be comfy

thats about it

was looking at the garsport santorini but cant find anywhere online that sells them and the place i have seen them is normally overpriced so hoping they are available cheaper elsewhere

any ideas

also after a pair of hiking boots

must be fairly high and non flexible as its all steep hill walking and would like them to be extra warm and breathable with them quick lace up hook things

thanks
  2. mart

mart Member

Hiking boots-MEINDL (Nebraska mid XCR) are good. German made. Waterproof, very lightweigt 480g approx,breathable, quick lace up hooks. Very comfy. £100 plus about £3 delivery.Not sure about the "fairly high" & "non flexible bit".I got all the qualities that i wanted. You could see what else is available.

I also bought some cheaper hiking boots KERCHER brand. Lightweight again (slightly heavier than the German make but ok) & waterproof. I have been using these cheaper ones for knocking about in the snow-very warm (unlike wellies) and my feet remain dry (unlike trainers)

I would buy both these brands again if i need some more.

Link for MEINDL
    http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/showPart.asp?part=PN57497
  3. Ratty

Ratty Putting the She in Sheds

Plenty of work-boots here
  4. dannyweld Member

london
    sports direct do very good work boots, leather uppers, for £20. the shoe version is only £16. both by karrimor uk.
  5. Sean Another 602 fan

Edinburgh
  6. chunkolini

chunkolini celebrity artiste

herefordshre
    For outdoor use Karrimor KSB's used to be The Boots for me. Sadly they have become a maker of cheap nasty footware that looks ok. The last pair I bought lasted 3 months and the soles were shot. Avoid.

Chunko'.
  7. Drains

Drains Yeah, nah.

Soggy Sefton, NZ
    Berghaus Explorer Trek are a really comfy lightweight boot. There's a stall at Glasto festy that has mounds of them - catalogue returns - I've been buying them there for years for £10-£20 a pair. On the last pair now as I've been avoiding Glasto for a while. How strange that I need to go back, not to see bands or any other stuff, but to buy a pair of boots. Nonsense.
  8. Shox Dr

Shox Dr Chief Engineer to Carlos Fandango

German Para Boots, never worn anything else for the last 15+ yrs, you can buy 2nds for peanuts or brand for £80
  9. johnny max Member

IRELAND
    Colombia for hiking boots
    DeWalt or CAT for workboots
  10. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda

Birmingham
    Another vote for Berghaus, mine are the Scapa model I think, had them 30 years now, haven't been able to do much walking since I snapped a tendon in my big toe :o.
    Best way of getting a good fit is to soak the leather for 24 hours, then wear/walk them 'til dry.
  11. Benthosboy One of life's pillocks!

Do your feet a favour, get them from a reputable outdoor shop and make sure they fit!!

If they don't fit well, you'll soon know about it, you'll have blisters, and a ruined day. I swear by Altberg, made in Yorkshire and they're the only make that I get on with. My last pair took me almost an hour to find after wading through God knows how many other makes, and they're still the most comfortable footwear I've got.

Drawbacks? they're not 4 season so no matter how well I proof them, water gets through eventually.

Martyn.
  12. snowcat

snowcat back in black Staff Member

I have a pair of Berghaus too, tho TBH I live in either dealer boots, made by Buckler unbeatable for durability or this time of year Dickie's Riggers...

Best to find boots that fit really well, then always buy the same.... having a pair of boots that fits really well is the most important factor for warm feet...
  13. yarpap Member

Hiking boots..depends what your doing as in area season etc Ive allways bought salomon but thats becouse they "fit" me well personally I dont like gortex its to hot in spring and summer,as others have said get your feet measured properly.
    spring through to autumn ive taken to aproach shoes for all but the highlands but thats a personal choice
    work boots its Dewalt for me again they Fit me so I stick with them
  14. scotclayshooter

scotclayshooter Member

Another vote here for Buckler boots

http://www.bucklerboots.com/

Tough, Comfy and im always suprised that i can walk in slippy conditions and not slip!
    B200SMA Is what i wear and i have a pair of Workits as well.
  15. s410man trainee dogsbody

wales
    thinking of dewalt cat or buckler for the work boots and columbia or berghaus for the walking boots

thanks
  16. Wedg1e

Wedg1e Lord of Huckenbove

Teesside, England
    Here here. I've been wearing my Meindl's whilst walking to work (me van's in for repair :rolleyes: ), they're the only boots I've got (and I have a few pairs) that give me any grip in the current conditions. Mine are Burma Pro MFS; I'm normally a size 8 but the Meindl's are a 9 so I can get thick socks in them.
  17. Wedg1e

Wedg1e Lord of Huckenbove

Teesside, England

Last pair of Cat's I had, the sole split. Tried Dewalts but needed feet like a ballerina to get them on; I have wide man's feet :D

Latest boots for me are another pair of Element IIs from Arco; £45 I think in the sale. Still have (and wear) the previous pair, the steel cap is poking out of one which some sites I visit find unacceptable :rolleyes:
    Not sure how some manufacturers justify their boot prices, mind... :o
  18. cazl1994 Member

19. Ratty

Ratty Putting the She in Sheds

For some reason that link doesn't work even when you take out the extra http! try this
  20. Rob 88" Member

Ireland
    HANWAG all the way for hunting and hiking , expensive but might be lucky to pick up a pair through ebay for a fraction of the normal price (i paid i think over 300€) , Ive mine on every day (apart from going to school ):D cheap tools are expensive tools:whistle:
Recent Posts