Bucket..

1. Well as lorenzo no longer keeps us entertained with his buckets, thought id just put a post up this one.. Its off a 20ton machine tho, its a baby 18" trenching bucket little wider than the dipper arm,

Ok the bucket, pins have the wrong geometry, so the plates are cut away and removed.

bucket 003.jpg

bucket 008.jpg

Next I pug cut 2 pieces of 1" plate ready to drop in the magic eye profiler, Not all that tidy cut but at least I got the pair first time, often its plays silly buggers and follows the wrong lines shadows etc etc:(

bucket 010.jpg

The pin holes are 2 3/4" I make these seperatly so I can use some EN8, I drill slightly undersize, then put one pass through with the boreing bar, before parting them off.

bucket 013.jpg

The bushes ready to weld in, I MMA in 3 passes useing 6013s, 4mm root, with a 5mm cap and fill.

bucket 012.jpg

More...

2. Next, the 2 plates are then tacked on, as im going to weld the whole lot without moveing it, I switch to flux cored to make the uphill and verts nice and easy, 1.2 wire bohler Union HV, 40volts OCV 420 ipm flat, uphill and vert 37volts OCV 270 ipm.
    bucket 001.jpg

I bend some 1/2" plate to make good along the sides and start to weld it in.
    bucket 002.jpg

Finished.

bucket 006.jpg

3. Welderpaul

Welderpaul Moderator Staff Member

Matt, what make is your magic eye?
    Ours has a habit of following the shadow of the roof lights when the sun shines. Knackered up many a piece of plate that way.
    No prep to the inch plate?

4. Hitch

Hitch Moderator Staff Member

Somerset
    Bloody magic eyeprofilers!

Ours has a habit of following the white paper..... rather than the black lines ;)

5. Emm, red plate on it by the table, british made.... Think in the midlands. It is defently female, you think you have it sused then it goes backwards, goes offline, or just doesnt play ball, would like a proper CNC one, to mount the plasma torch on much better, and reasonably cheep if your in the right place and all that... prep em caught me out originaly going to MMA it, but the time i cut the plates off, I was left with some finger wide root gaps:( plus the lovely profiler had cut the plates slightly diffrent, So couldnt face a V to fill as well... She be right;)

6. Welderpaul

Nice one matt. Wonder what Lorenzo is up to. He posted once on WW a month or so ago, but that's been it.

7. Drains

Drains Yeah, nah.

Aye, thanks for showin us your work Snowerz. Proper job.
    Next, I wonder if Paul would like to show us his latest railing.....:vsad:

8. Do you know, Id finished this yesterday and was waiting for pauls big revel so didnt post, but no we were promised in vain.;)

Lorenzo has just disapered, he didnt owe anyone money here did he?

BTW Ratts can you empty your PM box, I cant reply to you!!!!

9. Welderpaul

Welding parameters er... Murex Mig, 1mm wire. Fairly hot, and pretty quick wire feed.;)
    Dead easy gates - made before morning brew stylee:hug:

• Drive Gate 2.jpg
  10. Welderpaul

I have posted - in tools and techniques section thingy.:vsad:

11. Ratty

Ratty Putting the She in Sheds

Emptied! (Sorry :hug:)

Serious tackle you have there Snowy (the MACHINES).

Good to see what you're doing...that's what reminded me :laughing:

12. Posted what, where? Before morning tee, blimmy I hardly manage to switch any gear on before then.... You still painting them, and have you started shifting all your gear out the workshop yet?

13. Welderpaul

Nah, not painting anymore. Still sortin meself out before the overnight flit!!

14. Ratty

Whens the Big Day then Paul? Do we all need to say a little prayer for you?
    Not sure if I said it before (think it all started kicking off when I was otherwise elsewhere) but - well done :hug: taking the leap, taking control of your life. Excellent. I'm sure you won't regret it. I won't wish you good luck, it's not about luck (if it is - you make your own anyway) but I do wish you happiness and all that brings it.

15. Welderpaul

Dunno yet, not too long hopefully. Thanks Rats.
    Prayers gratefully accepted.

Lights are on now for you Ratty;)

16. Drains

Drains Yeah, nah.

Have you decided then Paul? Got a new workshop and that? Poached customers in the bag?

17. Welderpaul

95% decided. Wavers between 90 and 100% depending on my mood. Looking at a new workshop locally, prices vary wildly, and er.. i will be taking along a couple of customers hopefully. I do most of the work at our place anyway so it's only fair!!

18. Ahh "heres me card if you need me again Mr, note the mobile phone no, not the one youve been useing":)

19. Ratty

[​IMG] :laughing:

20. Drains

Drains Yeah, nah.

Not very nice!

I wish you lots of luck Paul, I hope you make many millions from getting other people to make gates while you coin it in :laughing:

Now, pass me a hankie so I can wipe this brown stuff off me nose.

Advertisements