Are Wera Screwdrivers Good?

1. Dieselkid 63

Dieselkid 63 Member

I've been oggling Wera screwdrivers lately (just in time for xmas!) and wondered your opinions/experiences.

I've seen different types including a new yellow chisel type. Not sure what the benefit of those are?

They all look really nice, but what are they like in use?

2. Fazerruss

Fazerruss Member

West Yorkshire
    Yes, they are very good and not expensive.
    The chisel ones possibly have a steel core through so it can be struck with a hammer without breaking the plastic handle.

3. winchman Member

4. Dieselkid 63

Dieselkid 63 Member

5. Richard.

Richard. Member

Probably as good as drivers will ever get.

6. 123hotchef Member

I have a few wera screwdrivers they are my favourites so they don't get abbused

7. Snap on man here, got three sets spread out across my home and tool box at work.
    If I damage a blade then snap on replaces it FOC.

Dieselkid 63 likes this.
  8. CompoSimmonite Member

I've got Wera screwdrivers and they had withstood years of abuse so will buy them again when needed.

9. gordon stephenson

gordon stephenson Forum Supporter

Had a set over 30 years, With dark green translucent handles, Still all ok, Excellent gear.

Robotstar5 likes this.
  10. Maker

Maker Krombopulos Michael

20171207_123622.jpg
    Well I'm a fan.:clapping:

The two non-Wera drivers in there are strictly for prying/abusing.

That's a set of Wera torx keys at the back too.:D

Parm and 123hotchef like this.
  11. Richard.

Richard. Member

All My drivers are all snap on and yes they are very good but they don’t tailor towards the sparky side of things too good. I’ve got the terminal driver set too in snap on but again for electrical drivers wera are better in this field. Imo the best leccy drivers you can get are Klauke. Better than ck and wera even.

12. You are spot on, they don't as they are automotive based but I'm sure they now do a fully insulated set for the high voltage vehicles.
    For home electrics I use a set I bought from screwfix for £11, the forge steel VDE 7 piece and they are banging set for the money.

13. Robotstar5

Robotstar5 Casanunda Staff Member

Mine are probably similar, I was issued a set as an apprentice in 1977 and still got a few in one of my toolboxes!.

14. tflnemesis

tflnemesis Member

United Kingdom
    I use the 6 piece terminal set every day at work and its surprising the amount of abuse they will take. I try and avoid abusing them as levers and prying stuff apart but sometimes when you are up a ladder needs must.
    I would recommend them to anyone, I have even asked for a set of the slimline VDE ones for Christmas.

Terminal set:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wera-Kraft...667686&sr=1-32&keywords=wera+screwdrivers+set

Slimline VDE:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/screwdrive...4&keywords=wera+slimline+vde+screwdrivers+set

Dieselkid 63 likes this.
  15. brightspark

brightspark Member

screwdrivers I use 7 days a week there the best :)I wont use any other make

16. rosinante

rosinante Member

We had these when I as in the RN , nearly 40 years ago, dark green handles , formed part of the RATS (rationalised tool system) good curved ground ends , brilliant screwdrivers but not tolerant of abuse ie hammering and levering, designed for undoing screws not crowbaring ,
    Chris

17. Rocketman Member

Well there is one thing worth considering. If you have used any of the new diamond tip bits or screwdrivers they grip like nothing else.

The only word of caution is I bought some wera diamond tip bits and they were amazing BUT they didn't last quite as long as I would like. I would buy them again though because they are such a step forward on grip levels, they really don't want to come out of the screw.

18. mike os

mike os just a little insane.....

Not used anything else for over 10 years, excellent kit

19. jordan1 Member

I bought some screwdriver bits of theirs a couple of years ago, not impressed, will not buy them again.

20. brightspark

brightspark Member

so what would u buy that's better:)

Richard. likes this.
Advertisements