5 minute Chinese soup up for the job seeker's

1. Proposition Joe

Proposition Joe Member

This could be useful for those running a chinese 63cc 850w generator.
    I bought one about 6 year's ago from b&q for £39, and it's had some heavy use running power tools such as angle grinders.
    Lately it's been a pig to start, but once running you can't argue with it. So i took the barrel off to give it a de-coke. It didn't need it, but i noticed a recess in the cylinder head near to the spark plug. I decided to fill this with epoxy steel & BANG she fired up better and ran the grinder stronger. Next up a romeu or nikon pipe and a stage 1 barrel tune Oh er i didn't take any pictures at the time, but will try to add one off the internet.

2. CompoSimmonite Member

I assume you have raised the compression ratio a little by filling the recess.

3. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

Just hope the steel epoxy doesn't let go or you'll have bigger problems :D

colnerov and Questions like this.
  4. Questions pre-moderated

Hard to beat an old lister, take a shim out, but at least she is purring again.

Mee likes this.
  5. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

Reading Snoopers post about the epoxy,
    That went through my mind as well. I wouldn't have thought that would have made it start easier either, more likely the clean out & a bit of attention to set up maybe.

the snooper likes this.
  6. Proposition Joe

Proposition Joe Member

Ha yeah, good point there chap's. I did think of that AFTER i done it, but it's had a couple of hard hour's on it since i done it. But i will let you know of any catastrophic engine failures should that happen.

7. Paul.

Paul. Moderator Staff Member

I have one of those cheap 2 stroke gennys, ideal for small tools and charging up the cordless batteries on site, its nearly killed me trying to start it from cold sometimes though , until I found the trick, on the last run of the day don't stop it using the switch, turn the petrol tap off and let it run till the carbs empty, then next time you use it give it a shake to mix the fuel up again before turning the tap back on,

Mee and the snooper like this.
  8. knighty Member

N/E uk
    not sure about that exact model, but I used to use a petrol powered pump daily... after a couple of months it was always a pig to start but ran great

took the center cover off the pull start... so you can see the nut in the middle... stuck a short extension bar in a battery drill with a socket on the end... used to fire up instantly with the drill spinning it over :-)

Mee likes this.
  9. pdg

pdg Member

You could do the same but using a mains drill running off the genny...

:scared:

10. KemppiFrog Member

Great idea.... But... I think you have just invented a perpetual motion system... So get it patented quick..:rolleyes:

Mee likes this.
  11. jordan1 Member

Sometimes there is a recess in a piston for a reason:whistle:

12. Cobbler

Cobbler Codger bodger

I was always told to do this on any 2 stroke, if you leave the carb full, the petrol starts to evaporate, leaving an oil rich mixture which won't go easily through the jets. When I used to mess about in boats, I always did this with the outboards & never had a problem starting them. Others I knew didn't do it & sometimes they struggled to start up.

Mee likes this.
  13. the snooper

the snooper getting older by the day

It's also good to do it with 4 stroke engines so the carb is empty then the petrol won't go off and block the jets

dobbslc likes this.
Advertisements